If your lab is receiving quotes in the Requests module, you will be able to purchase certain items directly from Quartzy using any purchasing system.
2. Click on the cart icon in the top right of the toolbar to view your pending orders.
3. Do whatever you would normally do to buy an item from a vendor:
- If you use an eProcurement system
- Open it in a new tab and create a purchase for the item(s) exactly as listed in the Quartzy Cart.
- Quartzy is the vendor for this purchase!
- Include the quote number (e.g. EQ1234567890) or simply attach the quote to the order.
- If you create a requisition form
- Create one from the Cart using the Create Requisition Form button and send it to your Purchasing Department.
- If you send a purchase order directly to the vendor
- Create the PO as you normally would and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to (888) 729-7715.
4. Back in the Cart, check the box indicating that you have submitted the items to your Purchasing Department and click Mark Ordered. Learn why this step is important.
5. View order confirmation page.
Your order will be processed once Quartzy receives a PO. The person who submitted the Quartzy order will receive an email confirming the purchase and then additional emails when the order is on its way!
Important: Remember to include your lab's Account Number on the PO.
6. Find the PO# for the order in the original Quartzy request. It will be automatically added by Quartzy within the PO field once the order is processed! Use this as a reference if you need to contact us regarding questions about your order.