You can easily incorporate barcodes into your Inventory and Requests section, so that you can:
- checkout items
- re-order items
- update inventory
- search for locations and other details
1. Get a barcode scanner. Scanners come in both cordless and wired; you can even buy one that connects to your smartphone or tablet! We bought this one from Amazon for less than $30!
2. Add existing barcodes numbers (that you are already using) to your Quartzy items, or generate new barcode labels using Quartzy Serial Numbers.
3. Click into the search bar in the Inventory and scan your item to search for it!
4. Click on the row of the item to edit the inventory item details.
5. If desired, add a Custom Field for Checkout using the Select format, include the only options you'd like someone to choose from (like Yes, No, Out of Stock).
Note: You will need to add the custom Checkout field to every Type that you are using barcodes with.