Note: Only labs in the US can buy from Quartzy. If you would like to access this feature, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quartzy is already in the purchasing system at Northwestern! After accepting a quote or requesting an item from the Quartzy Shop, follow the instructions for purchasing the item in NU Financials "Special Request" workflow.
1. Make sure the preferred payment method for your Lab is Other.
2. Click on the cart icon in the top right of the toolbar to view pending orders.
3. Select Print Quote and all items currently in the Cart will be transferred to a downloaded PDF file to be attached to your order in NU Financials.
Alternatively if ordering a single item, referencing the Quartzy item quote number (starts with EQ) in the description field along with the item description would eliminate the need to attach a quote for your order.
4. Login to NU Financials and select Requisitions.
5. Under the Manage Requisitions section, click Create New Requisition.
6. Select the Special Requests link.
7. In the Supplier section, search for QUARTZY INC by supplier ID 0000102401. Complete the fields with all the Request details. Include the Quartzy item quote number (starts with EQ) in the description field along with the item description. Click Add to Cart.
If ordering multiple items, continue adding items and Add to Cart.
8. Once all items are entered, click the Checkout button.
9. Add shipping and financial details to the requisition and proceed to Checkout and Review. Under Comments, click the Add button to attach the Quartzy quote.
10. Create a comment to reference the attachment and check the Send to Supplier box. Click the Add Attachments button, upload the Quartzy quote and check the Send to Supplier box. Important: both boxes need to be checked to ensure Quartzy receives the notes and the quote attachment.
11. Return to Quartzy and mark your Quartzy items Ordered and check the box indicating that you have submitted the order request to your Purchasing Department.
12. Once Quartzy receives the purchase order (sent to email@example.com), your order will be placed and the PO number will be added directly to the item in your Quartzy account.
Next Up: Learn how to differentiate between a Quartzy order and non-Quartzy order
*NOTE: All institution and company names mentioned herein are used for identification purposes only and are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Quartzy, Inc. disclaims any affiliation, association, connection with, sponsorship, or endorsement of such institutions, companies, and/or trademark owners.