Quartzy is already in the purchasing system at UCSD! After accepting a quote or requesting an item from the Quartzy Shop, follow the instructions for purchasing the item(s) using Oracle iProcurement.
1. Make sure the preferred payment method for your Lab is Other.
2. Click on the cart icon in the top right of the toolbar to view your pending orders.
3. Select Print Quote and all items currently in the Cart will be transferred to a downloaded PDF file to be attached to your order in Oracle.
Alternatively if ordering a single item, referencing the Quartzy item quote number (starts with EQ) in the description field along with the item description would eliminate the need to attach a quote for your order.
4. Log in to Oracle and navigate to Purchase Requisitions.
5. Scroll to the Request Forms section.
a. If making a single item purchase, click Goods - One-Time Shipment.
b. If purchasing multiple items, click Goods - Multiple Shipments.
6. In the Supplier field, search for Quartzy and select.
Complete all fields with details from your Request, referencing the item quote number (starts with EQ) in the Item Description.
The Quote # can be found in the Quartzy Cart:
or in the item details panel:
If purchasing multiple items, only the quote number and lab account number needs to be included in the Item Description. Amount field will include the quantity and price of each item separated by ";".
7. Attach Quartzy quote under "Attachments" section.
8. Complete the Estimated Frequency of Shipments section and "Have goods been received" section as shown below. Add the item/s to the cart and proceed to enter your financial details to submit for approval.
9. Once Quartzy receives the purchase order (sent to firstname.lastname@example.org), your order will be placed and the PO number will be added directly to the item in your Quartzy account.
*NOTE: All institution and company names mentioned herein are used for identification purposes only and are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Quartzy, Inc. disclaims any affiliation, association, connection with, sponsorship, or endorsement of such institutions, companies, and/or trademark owners.