If your lab is receiving quotes in the Requests module, you will be able to purchase certain items directly from Quartzy. Quartzy is already in the purchasing system at UC Berkeley!
After accepting a quote and adding items to the Cart, follow the instructions for purchasing the item(s) using BearBuy.
1. Make sure the preferred payment method for your group is Other, accept one or more quotes and add the item(s) into the Cart.
2. Click on the cart icon in the top right of the toolbar to view your pending orders.
3. Create a new cart in BearBuy and Add Non-Catalog Item to the cart.
4. Choose Quartzy as the vendor (A), enter the item details (B), and click Save & Close (C).
Note: Find item details on the Cart page in Quartzy.
5. Review the cart details. This is a good time to add the Quartzy quote number for reference.
Depending on who approves the cart and completes the purchase, follow the usual guidelines for orders in your lab.
6. Once we receive the purchase order, we will add the PO number directly to your Quartzy account.
*NOTE: All institution and company names mentioned herein are used for identification purposes only and are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Quartzy, Inc. disclaims any affiliation, association, connection with, sponsorship, or endorsement of such institutions, companies, and/or trademark owners.