Note: Only labs in the US can buy from Quartzy. If you would like to access this feature, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quartzy is already in the purchasing system at UC Berkeley! After accepting a quote or requesting an item from the Quartzy Shop, follow the instructions for purchasing the item(s) using BearBuy.
1. Make sure the preferred payment method for your Lab is Other.
2. Click on the cart icon in the top right of the toolbar to view your pending orders.
3. Select Print Quote and all items currently in the Cart will be transferred to a downloaded PDF file to be attached to your order in BearBuy.
Alternatively if ordering a single item, referencing the Quartzy item quote number (starts with EQ) in the description field along with the item description would eliminate the need to attach a quote for your order.
4. Create a new cart in BearBuy and Add Non-Catalog Item to the cart.
5. Choose Quartzy Inc. as the vendor (A), enter the item details (B), and click Save & Close (C).
Note: Find item details on the Cart page in Quartzy.
6. Depending on who approves the cart and completes the purchase, follow the usual guidelines for orders in your lab.
7. Once Quartzy receives the purchase order (sent to email@example.com), your order will be placed and the PO number will be added directly to the item in your Quartzy account.
Next Up: Learn how to differentiate between a Quartzy order and non-Quartzy order
*NOTE: All institution and company names mentioned herein are used for identification purposes only and are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Quartzy, Inc. disclaims any affiliation, association, connection with, sponsorship, or endorsement of such institutions, companies, and/or trademark owners.