Requests is the perfect place to communicate with your lab manager about what needs to be ordered. The Add Request page allows you to search through all of Quartzy to help you find the details for the items that need to be ordered.
1. From the Requests module, click Add Request.
2. Enter a general search term (product name, manufacturer #, CAS #, etc.) or a specific Vendor + Catalog Number.
Tip: When using the Vendor + Catalog Number search, select from options that appear below the fields to ensure that you are entering consistent data.
3. When there is a match for the search, options will appear below.
Select from the following options clicking the arrow next to the title to hide or show the options in that section:
- Found in Request History
- Found in Quartzy Shop (US labs only)
- Found in Inventory
- Available from other vendors
4. Click Add Details to enter information including Spend Tracking Code, Type, or Notes as well as to see the option to attach a file.
It's not required to enter the additional details before the request is added. See Edit requests for more instructions!
5. If you'd prefer not to use the Search feature or there is no match for your search, select Use Request Form or add your request manually to be directed to a blank form where all request details can be entered.
6. Once ready, click Request and the item will be added to the New section of the Requests Table.