The Requests module is the perfect place to communicate with your lab manager about what needs to be ordered. The Add Request page allows you to search through all of Quartzy to help you find the details for the items that need to be ordered.
1. From the Requests module, click Add Request.
2. Enter a general search term (product name, manufacturer #, CAS #, etc.), or search for a specific item using the Vendor + Catalog Number.
Tip: when adding requests for primers/oligos, follow the process outlined here instead: How to add requests for primers/oligos
3. When there is a match (or matches) for the search, results will be listed below.
Click the arrow next to the section title to hide or show the search results in that section:
- Found in Request History: items shown here have been requested/ordered in your lab before, and can easily be re-requested
- Found in Quartzy Shop: items shown here are available to purchase from Quartzy (US labs only)
- Found in Inventory: items shown here exist in your lab's Inventory module as an inventory item
- Available from other vendors: items shown here are not available to be purchased from Quartzy, but can be ordered directly from the vendor. Here's how to place an external order: Placing a non-Quartzy order
4. Click Add Details to enter information including Budget, Type, or Notes, or to attach a file to the request.
5. If you'd prefer not to use the Search feature or there is no match for your search, select Use Request Form or add your request manually to be directed to a blank form, where all request details can be entered.
6. Once ready, click Request and the item will be added to the New tab of your lab's Requests module.
Next Up: Learn how to select which Admins are notified of new requests