Importing an existing order history to Quartzy via Excel will allow users in your Lab to easily find and request items that have been purchased in the past. That way, things like price and unit size can be preserved correctly for new requests!
Read the steps below on how to import an order history to your lab:
1. From the Requests module, select the Lab where you would like the order history to be added and click the Import Requests button on the left sidebar.
Note: An individual Lab must be selected in order to see the Import/Export options - they will not be available in the "All [Organization name] Labs" view.
2. Click Download Template and open the Excel file.
3. Copy and paste (or type directly) the order details onto the Quartzy Excel Template.
If you are copying from an existing spreadsheet, use the Paste Special > Values option to transfer your existing data onto the template, as this removes any special formatting from your sheet that could result in the import failing.
Here are some tips to help you import your file successfully:
- Begin by reading the Instructions worksheet
- The following fields are REQUIRED for each request:
- Item name
- Catalog #
- Quantity (number characters only - any size info should be entered in the Unit Size field)
- On the Orders worksheet, fill in both the Date Ordered and Date Received columns for delivered orders. If exact dates are not known, use a simple alternative like today's date. Dates must be formatted MM/DD/YYYY.
- If the Date Received column is left blank, requests will be imported to the Ordered tab in your Requests module.
- You can import active requests by leaving both the Date Ordered and Date Received columns blank. When imported, these requests will appear in the New tab.
- Columns/fields cannot be added to this worksheet. If you have additional information about your orders that do not fit in the existing columns, you can include that info in the Notes column.
4. From the Import requests modal, check the box to verify that you have used Quartzy's Excel template and then click Upload file. Attach the saved file and your order history will upload!