It's super easy to customize the Inventory for your lab! To add your own fields (think of column headers on an Excel spreadsheet) you can create what Quartzy calls Custom Fields, which apply only to a specific Inventory Type.
1. On the top left side of the toolbar, click on the Org Name or the Lab Name and then click the gear icon to select the lab where you want to make changes.
2. Select the Lab on the left sidebar and choose the Types tab.
3. Click on the name of the Type. Add a custom field by clicking on + Custom Field.
Note: Custom fields should not have the same title as any of the fields listed in Standard fields for all types. Each field name within a Type should be unique.
Choose a format for your Custom Field:
- Text - All letters, numbers, and special characters
- Date - Use an interactive calendar to select a date in MM/DD/YY format.
- Number - Only numbers allowed
- Checkbox - Enter options in this field and when editing an item, choose one or more of the options
- Select - Enter options in this field and when editing an item, choose one of the options
- Mark a field as required by clicking the Required checkbox. If this option is chosen, the field must be filled in before a new item can be saved to that Type.
From now on, every time you add an inventory item to that Type, your Custom Fields will show up.
Next Up: Learn how to edit Types