If your lab is receiving quotes in the Requests module, you will be able to purchase certain items directly from Quartzy. Quartzy is already in the purchasing system at University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill!
After accepting a quote or adding items to the Cart from the Shop, follow the instructions for purchasing the item(s) using Connect Carolina.
1. Make sure the preferred payment method for your Lab is Other, accept one or more quotes and add the item(s) into the Cart.
2. Click on the cart icon in the top right of the toolbar to view your pending orders.
3. Login to your PeopleSoft account, click eProcurement (A), and then Create Requisition (B).
4. From the Line Defaults area, search for Quartzy in step "1. Define Requisition" by typing "Quartzy" and clicking the magnifying glass. Complete the requisition with your account information and the details about your order. Then click Save & submit in step "3. Review and Submit."
5. Your Purchasing department may require a quote for this purchase so then can create a PO. Generate a quote from the Cart.
6. Once we receive the purchase order, we will add the PO number directly to your Quartzy account.
*NOTE: All institution and company names mentioned herein are used for identification purposes only and are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Quartzy, Inc. disclaims any affiliation, association, connection with, sponsorship, or endorsement of such institutions, companies, and/or trademark owners.