Use barcodes and a scanner to easily find items in your Inventory and Order Requests. All you have to do is assign barcodes and labels to your items.
If you do not already have barcode labels, create new ones using Quartzy serial numbers.
Tip: If you have your own serial numbers, add a custom "serial number" field to the Types in your inventory.
1. Export your Quartzy inventory and use the numbers in the Serial Number field to create your barcode labels.
2. Download a barcode font to Excel, or use a program/software that creates barcode fonts if you have one.
3. Create an Excel spreadsheet with your list of serial numbers, either from Quartzy or using your own numbers. Include * before and after the numbers, and that will turn the numbers into barcodes within the Excel cells. Also, make sure to add a column header such as "Serial Number"
4. Open a new Word document and from the Template options, choose Labels and then Label Wizard.
5. Pick the label type (Ex. Avery 5160) that you will be printing with and then choose Mail Merge.
6. Click Get List and then Open Data Source... to select the Excel spreadsheet file from your computer that has your serial numbers.
7. Follow the steps to open your file and choose the set of data that you want to place on your labels.
8. Click the icon under Complete Merge to Merge to New Document.
9. You may need to choose the IDAutomationHC39M font again in order for the barcodes to show up correctly. Your labels are now ready!